Friday 20 May 2011

All I need now is a utility belt

Went to my local Sweatshop and explained that i was going to start training for a triathlon, the lady behind the desk asked me to take off my shoes and socks to see how i ran

Apparently I've got caved in arches and i run with an over-pronation so she suggested i buy one of a selection of three trainers, after trying each of them on i went for the Mizuno Wave Nirvana 7 as they felt the best for my feet, she then mentioned running socks to stop them moving about while i run and also to help clear the sweat away from my feet

see I'm learning stuff already

I got back from the city center to put my shoes straight on and got Dani to rollerblade while i ran along side her, she helped me with my stretches before, warming up and after and it really helped

I found that my legs could go for much longer than my breath and had to heal a stitch fairly early on, but i feel well on my way now

No comments:

Post a Comment