Monday 27 June 2011

How was your weekend?

Only 68 days to go, Argh! (And by argh i don't mean in a pirate "argh" i mean in a panic Argh!!!)

Swimming again this morning and yet more excuses as to why I’m not at my best yet, this time it's those nose clip thingy-ma-jigs, I’ve got much better from when i first started and I’m actually breathing now while doing lengths but for some reason I’m still coughing and spluttering when i get to the end of each length, I believe it's because I’m trying to breathe through my nose as i go along, not consciously of course

So I need to look into getting some of them

I did mean to go to the gym this weekend as well but with the weather being so nice me and Dani walked for about 6-7 hours over Saturday and Sunday

On Saturday we walked to Willen lake to see about the possibility of me being able to swim in the lake there to get some open water practise but unfortunately the lake isn’t open for this kind of activity, they did say that they were looking to open this up next year, so something to keep in mind for Dani who will be doing the Swimming leg of an Olympic length Triathlon next year

We did get to walk the route I planned for my Silverstone training and we found out that on Sunday they would be doing the Dragon boat racing on the lake

So on Sunday we walked back down there to watch the races, for some reason every time we walked the red ways around Milton Keynes but every time we managed to walk a different red way route, I would put up the distance travelled but I couldn’t even re-trace it on mapmyrun.com… so I haven’t but we did get to see Rehan, Mark and their little girl Daisy as well which was another bonus for the weekend

This week then, I want to get as much swimming in as I can before my bike gets here because when that turns up I won’t be off it it.

Apart from my car (which I got on finance) it’s been my biggest purchase, oh yeah the house but that doesn’t count, and the boiler last year, that doesn’t count either, holiday to Costa Rica?

Hmmm…

So it’s my most expensive bike purchase to date

1 comment:

  1. what he's not mentioning is the 6 - 7 hours of walking was done at a good fast pace and has left me tired today! Enjoyed the swim but in this heat the walk was slightly tougher yesterday. He's also being unfair to himself. He's come a heck of a long way with his swimming. Just a couple of tweaks on his style and then on to the stamina...and the the open water swimming of course but style and endurance first!! He's put his own sports nutrition programme together too which is working really well for him x

    ReplyDelete