Wednesday 22 June 2011

Mistakes made, Lessons Learnt

No matter how many times i told myself before the race to pace myself as soon as i heard the alarm to start running i started running, trying to keep up with the Jones' soon took it's toll on me as i then dropped back through the pack, although my first run was quicker i felt more unprepared and my pace was all over the shop
The second thing i would remind myself would be to stretch my lungs as well, while doing the jogs before the race really open up the lungs to get them stretched and ready for a hard 11 Mins to come, okay okay 16 Mins, it was my breathing to caused me to find the second lap of the first run so hard

Posistioning of supporters, i seem to power though to the end when i see the supporters, i guess it was trying to show that i am actually trying my hardest, i think if i can mark out where to stand a supporter near the end so that i can really give it my all at the end of the run

Don't stop! apart from my breathing my legs were fine after the first run, it was when i stopped, just for a minute or two that my legs got tight, it was only after lots of stretching and keeping warm that they began to feel better for the second run

1 comment:

  1. You did a fab job! It was great watching you do your first event and then your swim this morning (Which I'm sure you'll blog about soon) was your best yet! It's really all coming together for you! Well Done xx

    ReplyDelete