Monday 13 June 2011

I'm a real athlete now

I can now call myself a real athlete now as I've had to stop my swimming this morning due to... You've guessed it an injury
My achey achey arms have now got to the stage of just one arm not being able to move much, it must be after the workout on Friday as i haven't done anything after that

I'm contacting a Chiropractor at the moment to see if they can look at it for me

---

Went swimming after work anyway as my arm ache had calmed down by this point, feeling it again now though

I'm getting frustrated with my swimming technique as i don't appear to be picking it up quick enough, i was the same when i started rollerblading, i know this sounds like me reminiscing on my childhood but it isn't i only learnt to Rollerblade about 8 months ago when i got Rollerblades for my 26th birthday, i also got snowboarding lessons for the same birthday but i haven't attempted that yet either, it's on my to do list

Anyway getting back to my swimming, i appear to be going forwards and backwards at the same time, picking up on moving my arms right and then completely forgetting to breath so i then come up for air and then forget to move my arms right

I'm still doing 1 length at a time and somehow I'm supposed to do 400m by September and then I've got to cycle and run as well afterwards

1 comment:

  1. You're going to do a great job! You've only just started to learn how to swim and considering you're all of 4 or 5 lessons in you're doing an amazing job!!! We will work on using the float between your legs next time which will hopefully help pull your body to the right position and give you the opportunity to focus on your arms. It's like riding a bike. At some point soon it's just going to click....like it did with the Rollerblading! You picked that up rally quickly considering you'd never done it befre!! Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete