Thursday 30 June 2011

New Bike

Picked up my new bike today, had to have my seat pushed forward and my nose up against the windscreen to fit it in my car but the awkward 20 minute ride home was well worth it in the end

The entire box was much lighter than i was expecting, I started dragging it to my car then just picked it up in the end, if the box was smaller I could have easily just used one hand comfortably, that’s not to say I have arms like Schwarzenegger (From 'Pumping Iron' not ‘Around the World in 80 Days’) just that the box was that light

Here it is boxed up (Thank you Dani for the product placement there, I did want to put Golden Grahams in the picture)









 



 




Here it is naked
















 
The keen eyed viewer will notice that it doesn’t yet have the pedals or seat attached, £600 and not an Allen key in sight, I bought a £3 nose clip for swimming the other day and even that came with a handy carry case (that arrived on Billy 2nd Christmas, which was yesterday, the bike was opened on Billy 2nd Boxing Day, today) I’ll need to dust of the tool kit in the garage to finish the bike build

Also Dani noticed that the writing on the stem (check out my bike knowledge, it’s the part that holds the handlebars for those that are not so well informed) was upside down, so I’m not sure if this needs to be re-fitted or whether that’s the way it needs to be

3 comments:

  1. Going by other images you can see of the bike online I think the stem is upside down, perhaps let Ashcycles know x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice looking bike.

    I think you'll find the handlebar stem is OK, they are usually reversible so you can change the height. Mine has lettering printed on both ways up :-)

    Remember pedals screw on different ways for left and right, they should be marked L and R. I think it's a 15mm spanner from memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh second thoughts it does look upside down, doesn't it. Maybe it's Australian?

    ReplyDelete