Sunday 12 June 2011

My achey achey arms

On Friday i thought I'd push myself a little

I'd watched a video on YouTube of Will Smith quotes and he says that he pushes himself everyday to do his best and when he sets his mind on a goal he will achieve that goal no matter what

So i was down the gym and going on the running machine i noticed that my stomach muscles couldn't continue much after the 1km mark so i stopped running to ensure that i didn't get injured, feeling slightly let down by my abs i got on the resistance machine (the one where you push your arms up above your head whilst sitting down)

I had the machine on the 5kg setting (the lowest one) and began to do 100 reps, once I'd finished those i thought that i could do another set, i got to about 20 before my arms asked me to stop, when i got to 50 my arms asked again, by 80 they were screaming at my me but i got to my goal of 100 again (yeah thanks Will)

After my arms were loosened up i thought I'd better get my legs moving again with engaging my abs too much so i went on the sit back cycle machine, it's like the normal cycle machine but you sit back in the chair and let your legs do all the work

For my triathlon i need to do a 20km cycle route so i set myself the goal of getting to 20km just to see if i could and then to see how long this was going to take me

When i got to 5km i thought i should probably stop but that damn Will Smith video echoed in my ears and i just couldn't stop at 5 km i had to go all the way to 20km, it was thought going but i did it and i felt so happy that i did, i got a real sense of achievement form it, setting a goal, struggling with the goal then finishing the goal

It took my 35 Min's to do the full 20km but afterwards and even now my legs are fine with it, it's just my arms that are a little stiff this morning (it's always the day after the day after a workout for some reason)

On Saturday i rested my body and ate healthily to help recover, this morning i was going to go to the gym for a swim but the way my arms are I'm leaving it till tomorrows early morning session

Here's the Will Smith video: http://youtu.be/pfWGoLj1JCM

No comments:

Post a Comment