Tuesday 21 June 2011

Just got back in

As the heading says I've just got back in from taking part in my first Duathlon, it was a 2 mile run, 10-12 mile cycle and another 2 mile run, i done the runs while my teammate Brian done the cycle, we were Team BB

I have learnt a lot...

It was round the Silverstone track so i got there early to take a look around, Me and Dani went and sat in the Porsche's they have there

It got to near closing time for the registration and i didn't even know who my teammate was at this point as my dad had only asked me the night before

After meeting with my dad and Brian i got ready to race, I'd taken on board a shake at about 5 and the race started at 7, then 20 Min's before the start i had a Niteworks and drank my H30 isotonic drink

It was race time

I got in line with the other competitors, around the middle i thought would be best and when the alarm sounded we were off, nearly everything i had trained for went out of the window as everyone seemed to take off from the start line, i tried to keep up but the pace was too fast for me and i dropped back through the pack, by half way round my first lap my breathing was out and that slowed me down dramatically, by the end of my second lap of my first run i tried to push really hard through my breathing and took a few places back

Then my 1st transition, it went well up until the point i realised i was running toward the wrong person, oops, during Brian's cycle i continued to stretch and take deep breaths, then i got ready for the 2nd transition, much quicker i thought

My second run felt a lot faster i had a better pace, i felt more focused and round the last corner i used up everything and powered everything i had to cross the finishing line running

Ending with a Team BB total time of 01:06:25

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Billy, you are an inspiration to all us couch potatoes. On a school night as well. Well done mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you! It was fab to watch you & see you do so well on your first event! A very valuable learning curve. Sitting in the Porsche was great too! Next time can you do it round a lamborghini experience race track please :-) Xx

    ReplyDelete